CKV; The Theatre in the Park

I just finished putting together a video about a place that is part of my Kansas story – The Theatre in the Park in Shawnee, KS. This video was put together to celebrate Kansas voices and recognize an outdoor theatre that has been a large part of my summers while living in Shawnee with my family. Celebrate Kansas Voices is an online learning community that empowers digital witnesses of Kansas oral history, so this video was made with this idea in mind. In this short video I briefly share with you the history of the theatre and its place of tradition in the Greater Kansas City community, so check it out if you wish!

To create this video, I used the iMovie app on my iPad. This app made it really easy to add in the pictures I already had gathered. I was able to pick a theme, and this came along with music, so that I could easily get the background music to play behind my pictures. Another great feature is the ability to do voiceover right on the app while the video is playing through the pictures. You can start and stop and redo voiceovers as much as needed which is great because we all make mistakes. I also used the app Word Clouds to create my one slide picture that said history in my presentation (and you can read my app review on that app here).

The Theatre in the Park is a place where my family and I have had a lot of great times together just hanging out playing games, having picnics, and watching fun shows! So if you are ever in the area during the summer you should definitely consider going to see a show!